No no...please don't share.

What is it about throw up in particular, that makes it difficult not to join the fun? Seriously, out of every type of bodily fluid produced, it stands alone in it's ability to cause a chain reaction. I will freely admit, right here and now, that I am a hurl wuss. I once got my MIL out of bed, in the middle of the night, because my daughter had blown chunks in her crib. No lie. Possibly, you may have surmised that I had a sick child today. The 3 year old. This is a difficult age for a stomach bug, because the child knows they need to throw up somewhere other than where they happen to be at that moment, but panics, and forgets where. So, in an effort to jog their memory, they run. Ugh. See, the older kids can usually make it to the bathroom, and the younger kids are immobile, so thay can't spread the love. The other thing that may happen at this age, which is equally awful, is that the child may be afraid of what is happening. This also causes the "fight or flight" instinct to kick in. "Oh my gosh, something is coming out of my mouth at high velocity! Scary! RUN!" *sigh*

It's really been a trying day. I have cleaned the carpet in three spots, cleaned the couch, the ottoman, and several loads of towels and shirts, all the while, struggling not to contribute to the problem. If my mom lived closer, she would have gotten one of those "I really neeeeeeeed you to come over todayyyy, I can't doooo thiiiiiisss" calls. Now that this is the third kid to get sick, I know what comes next. I don't know if it's worse that he's not potty trained yet, or a blessing.

Tune in next time.

posted by Mindy @